Structural Engineers Reports

Do you need a property inspection carried out by an independent, qualified structural engineer? The Pole team is on hand to provide professional structural engineers reports for properties in London and Surrey.

What is a Structural Engineer’s Report?

A Structural Engineer’s report is a specialist property professionals inspection and report of the “nuts and bolts” skeleton of a building, primarily the loadbearing walls; to appraise structural defects or structural condition as appropriate. The written report will identify probable causes of cracks or movement or other structural defects. It will also outline the costs of correcting the issues and repairing any defects.


If you are buying a property

If the property you are planning to buy has cracking, damp, bulging walls or shows any sign of movement or subsidence, a specialist Structural Engineer’s report will make recommendations for the next steps and costs for any structural work needing to be carried out. This can be useful when negotiating the purchase of a property or helping to secure a mortgage or building insurance.

If you are a selling a property

Vendors often purchase a Structural Engineer’s report when they want to check structural defects before marketing their property or if they are finding it difficult to sell a property because of a structural issue. The report can be useful in easing the concerns of potential buyers.

If you own a property

Property owners will need a Structural Engineer’s report if they want to make an insurance claim in the case of structural defects or subsidence issues. If a simple repair is all that is required, Pole can recommend a suitable builder.

Pole structural engineers reports are specialist and unbiased

Our specialist written reports are based on a full inspection of the visible and accessible parts of the building. This technical report will give you a detailed and unbiased evaluation of any structural problems we identify, along with the suspected causes and recommendations on how they can be rectified. We will also provide estimated costs for fixing any structural problems.

A structural engineers’ report is sometimes requested by a client following a homebuyer’s survey, which has been carried out by general practice surveyor, and is just a simple property health check.

A structural engineer’s report carries out a more detailed and specific inspection of a potential structural problem, such as a sagging roof or cracks in a wall. The structural report will state whether it is a structural problem that needs to be dealt with and provide advice on the repairs and maintenance work that should be undertaken.

All Pole reports are carried out by highly qualified Chartered Structural Engineers and Members of the Institution of Structural Engineers. They hold the qualifications CEng and MIStructE, which most lenders and insurers stipulate when requesting a structural engineer’s report.

Pole offers these two types of structural engineers’ reports:


We are here to help so please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Call us now on 020 8944 9955