Structural Alterations and Party walls

Extensions and most internal alterations are likely to have an impact on the strength or stability of a property. Even a non load bearing wall could provide lateral stability to another wall in some cases. Significant layout alterations will normally involve a Chartered Structural Engineer working with your Architect or Interior Designer. A good Engineer will help integrate any supporting beams or columns in a seamless manner so that the designer can achieve an attractive solution.

If you are interested in reading the full article please email us at

Follow us on

Request Callback
Pole Structural Engineers, Admel House,
60 High Street Wimbledon London SW19 5EE 
Tel: 020 8944 9955